What we’ve been up to
- Weekly Late Nights at the Rainbow Lounge.
- Intercollegiate and Institute LBGTQA parties and socials for Valentine’s Day, Gaytober.
- Fierce Forever, one of the largest student-run drag shows in the world, every Spring.
- Administering the bi-annual Living Pink survey in the Spring to help students find welcoming living groups.
- The GLSEN National Day of Silence, every April.
- Celebrations and awareness for National Coming Out Week and Day, October 11.
- Participation in Transgender Day of Remembrance for victims of anti-transgender prejudice, November, and Trans Awareness Week.
- Speakers and queer professional development (we’re an oSTEM chapter).
- World AIDS Day (December 1) – Free HIV testing in the student center.
Started as a Student Homophile League in 1969, the organization since then has changed its name and had many members, but its mission remains the same: to teach society to hold as equal and accept people who happen to be different. To make that change, we must take a chance and show the world a true image of who we are: simply human beings, just as good as everyone else.
We make it our job to provide many resources for anyone who feels different and, for that reason, unaccepted: whether you are deeply closeted, completely out, or somewhere in between; curious, sure, or still figuring things out; woman or man, transgender, or anywhere inside or outside the binary; drag queen, club kid or computer geek, or anyone else — you are always welcome to walk into our doors.
Feel free to check for the latest news, scheduled meetings and events, and attend the nearest one. If you have an immediate question, problem or concern, don’t hesitate to contact us.
See you soon!